Written by: GavertC
The Unstables on Terra are a collection of 1,234 mad pop-art style aliens, ready to inhabit your wallet in the form of common household items! Other than some cool art, the team also sends 5% of sales to a community chest (more info on that from the team soon), and they also donate 5% to Angel Protocol.
The team also wants to dissolve the platform, and turn the project into a community run DAO. In the future, the team also plans to release the ability to mutate your NFT as well as participate in an Unstable Lottery! For more information and updates, visit the Unstables website here.
Aside from enjoying the dope art, you also have full creative and commercial rights over the art on the NFT. This gives people the option to make and sell their own merch, containing the Unstables on Terra artwork, with no fear of copyright infringement.
People such as MoonPig, who recently opened a merchandise website which currently features a collection of Unstables merch that can be found here.
This is just one example of some of the merch of MoonPigs website! Isn’t it amazing what $luna-tics can do when given the resources? But we aren’t here to talk about MoonPig and his dope-ass website! No ser, we are here to interview Unstables on Terra.
So, let’s get into it!
- What made you choose the Pop-Art style?
We are brought up on cartoons. There were three of us (illustrators) and we were looking for a common style. Krystian works in an animation studio, Klaudia makes more realistic illustrations and Patryk is closest to the old school tattoo style.
Unstables are the result of our work experience. We wanted to pay tribute to Max Fleischer, Walt Disney and American animation classics. Lots of people say Cuphead or Fallout – we love these games too!
Overall, there aren’t many good NFTs that have this style. That’s why we decided to distinguish ourselves with this style.
- After your successful airdrop to your NFT holders, does the team have any more plans they are able to share at this time?
Our plans for the near future include:
- We send mint cups for those who have the most Unstables.
- We are launching a weekly lottery for Unstable holders (NFT to win, Cups to be won).
- 29 January – The new collection “Unstables – Guardians of Terra” starts.
- In March we start with “Unstables – Aliens of Luna.”
- We are constantly designing new gadgets from the series.
- We make new contacts within the “Stardust Union.”
- By the end of the year, we want to do illustrations in which the original Unstable can be mutated.
- We want to provide the best printable stuff for our owners – since we donate copyrights, it must be great to print!
- How did your artist on the team get into art, and for how long have they been an artist?
Now drawing is our job. But we used to start different things, from art high schools to home tattoos.
(Chris) My first drawings were made on the Amiga using Deluxe Paint. And I wrote the first code on Commodore using Basic. I was part of the Amiga demo scene. But I don’t think anyone remembers what it was anymore. I think we are really old already.
(Patrick) I made my first tattoo with a DYI pen machine. I still have it today, but I prefer not to brag about it.
(Claudia) My first “NFT” were Pokemon cards. I remember selling Pokemon paintings to my friends in elementary school. Hahaha. I don’t know if any of them have survived to this day.
- Are you an Angel Alliance Member, and if not are you interested in becoming a member?
Yes we are – it was one of the highlights of the first collection. We love to do good and Terra makes it even easier! We donated 5% of the income from the first collection. We donate 5% of the secondary sales income. And we will also donate 5% of each next collection to Angel!
- How did you go about providing commercial use rights for MoonPigs merch website, or anyone else looking to use the Unstables for merch?
Moonpig is the guy! In general, we have not transferred the copyright to him. We have passed the copyrights on to all Unstables owners! This becomes the backbone of all our NFTs. Having Unstable grants you 100% creative and commercial rights.
Moonpig shop is amazing! We support him and we will support everyone who wants to sell Unstables in any form. Your success is our success.
License: Unstables grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use NFT from Unstables collection for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the illustrator or Unstables – as long as you own the NFT.
This license does not include the right to compile NFT from Unstable Collection to replicate a similar or competing collection.
- All NFT can be downloaded and used for print.
- NFT can be sold without significant modification.
- Commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- No permission is needed. (though attribution is appreciated!)
- You can sell, print, remix and resell your NFT.
What is not permitted:
- Compiling NFT from Unstables to replicate a similar or competing collection.
- Final question, what are you most looking forward to in terms of the terra community?
This community is the best. We are waiting for the full start of exchanges. Talis and their print on demand and xNFT are important to us. We wonder how Luart will develop. We support everyone at Stardust Union. We are interested in how our union will develop.
From crypto matters, we are waiting for Kash and their credit card. We wonder what Prism will bring – this is an innovative approach. Leverage without risk of liquidation – that’s what is missing. We do not hide that White Whale sounds interesting We are also still waiting for the appropriate MIM-UST for Fantom!